Episode 1: Jim Leo and Alex Wanee from PitFit Training
- June 30, 2020
Jim Leo and Alex Wanee have built one of the world’s best motorsport training programs in the world, and they have the client list to back it up.
In our inaugural Iron Neck Podcast, we discuss the following topics:
- Conditions in an IndyCar Racecar: 1:46
- Stresses on the body on oval vs. street vs. road courses: 3:54
- Simulating physical and mental challenges from racing: 7:54
- How the neck and core are affected by G-forces: 9:49
- A high intensity 3 Iron Neck circuit: 13:23
- Varying conditions across NASCAR, Indycar and Drag Racing: 15:12
- How PitFit shifted focus during COVID: 19:09
- Impact of cancelled Indy Lights series: 24:51
- Lessons learned from Roger Penske: 29:07
- What makes top Indycar drivers successful in training: 33:11
- Memories of discovering the original 15 lb Iron Neck: 37:17
Jim Leo is the Founder and President of PitFit Training, an industry leader in motorsports-specific human performance training as well as fitness, neurocognitive, and postural programs for all populations. Alex Wanee is Performance Director at PitFit Training and has been in the human performance industry since 2010.
“The G loads on the neck change as you go through a corner. The ability to simulate these forces on the neck in our training has elevated our ability to optimize our racers’ training.”
The Iron Neck Pro is our most popular model and combines the best features from the Starter and Varsity models, making it the ideal choice for rehabilitation, reducing injury risk, and strength training applications. The variable friction dial works similar to a brake in a spinning bike, allowing you to adjust the amount of friction applied and take complete control over your training. Start friction-free to focus on form and proper biomechanics, then as you get stronger and more comfortable with the system, you can increase the friction to bust through training plateaus and accelerate strength gains.
If you want a more customized bundle, checkout our Build Your Bundle Page.
Every Iron Neck Pro comes with a 25 lb. Resistance Band, Door Anchor, Door Belt, Cinch Anchor, Skull Cap, Exercise Poster and Interchangeable Front Pads (3)